Scan and read with ease for
individuals who are blind.
solidifies its position as the world's leading OCR software developed for
those who are blind or vision impaired. It gives individuals a powerful tool
to read, edit and manage printed text, as well as text that is imbedded in
graphics. The all-new OpenBook converts your printed page into electronic
text to be read aloud through its included voice synthesizer and shown on a
customizable screen display. Simply scan your printed text. This powerful
software program, with a choice of scanning engines, including Fine Reader
6, converts text that is imbedded in graphics for unbeatable accessibility.
There are user-defined settings for magnification, character spacing, color
and contrast as well as exclusive reading enhancement features that are easy
to use and flexible for both the novice and advanced user.
With OpenBook, you'll
experience unmatched speech, exceptional optical character recognition
engine, and the ability to print from any application on your system
directly into OpenBook using the Freedom Import Printer.
· Includes Fine
Reader 6 as well Caere, and Recognita scanning engines. OCR Correction stores
and uses previously corrected scanning errors to improve accuracy.
· Quickly read documents with automatic page advances, or move by
words, line, sentences or paragraphs. Skim Reading command provides a quick
overview of document content by reading only the first or the first and last
sentence of every paragraph. Quickly jump to the next reading unit during skim
reading or during Say All.
· Easy movement to preferred locations in the document. Search for
additional definitions or synonyms of the original word or subsequent words.
The dictionary includes phrase definitions.
· Low vision features to customize Font Style, Size and Color. Find the
current cursor location by dimming the surrounding text and making the current
line, sentence, or paragraph stand out. Follow the reading order while viewing
the original image that was scanned on the screen. Includes a Zoom option and
a Text Window for easier reading.
· Create MP3 or WAV formats with desired voice rate and pitch. Add
flexibility by saving to or opening files from your notetaker. Emboss in
Computer and Grade II Braille without the need for additional software. Print
your document as you have customized the screen display or using your defined
default printer font.
· Convert OpenBook files to .brf and .brl Grade II Braille formats.
· Supports Keyboard Layouts that mimic the popular screen readers,
reducing the need to learn new commands. Connect Outloud is included with
Braille access to the operating system, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express,
Adobe® Acrobat ® Reader, MP3 Player, and more.
· Easily configure to save all settings or specific groups of settings.
With Multi-user Log-on, set up groups of settings and instantly have them
available at log-in.
· New Help System rapidly navigates through Contents and Index pages
including separate topic navigation and topic text areas.
· DAISY File Format is available to open and read files downloaded from
· Modify the layout of a current document to rearrange pertinent
information, while hiding the rest if desired.
· Set and arrange pre-defined template fields for documents received on
a regular basis such as bills, or other correspondence with identical formats.
Please call NanoPac for a free demo CD and compatible scanners.
Content and design copyright by NanoPac, Inc. 1998 -
We accept VISA, MC, AMX, Discover,
approved purchase orders and checks.
Sales - 1-800-580-6086