Phoenix Braille Embosser with High-RES Graphics
Important Announcement! We are pleased to announce
that the Phoenix has been newly designed. It has the same great features
of the original Phoenix including the capabilities to emboss
single-sided Braille text and high-resolution graphics up to 25 DPI, in
a simple to use format. It even has the capabilities of embossing PRN
files. The newly designed Phoenix is smaller and lighter, with an
auto-install feature to make setup even easier.
Imagine the ability to scan your pictures, graphs and charts into
your computer and with a few clicks of the mouse, emboss those images in
high definition tactile graphics without compromising the quality of
your Braille text.
This is now possible with the Phoenix Embosser and
Firebird Software Suite (included
FREE with the Phoenix) available from Enabling
The Phoenix is our ninth generation of Braille embossing technology
that combines our durable and legendary Romeo Braille Dot with a
proprietary 25 DPI tactile graphics embossing system. All in one
embosser! Now, there is no longer a need to settle for poor quality
Braille text to achieve high definition tactile graphics, as is the case
with most other products on the market.
The Firebird Software Suite,
included with the Phoenix, is a comprehensive set of productivity tools
that powers the Phoenix Embosser. The Firebird Software Suite includes
the Firebird Graphics Editor that provides you with a comprehensive list
of automatic tools to effortlessly create tactile graphic images. The
Phoenix Embosser is also compatible with your existing Braille
translator (update may be required).
The Phoenix Embosser employs two separate embossing heads.
- One embossing head produces high quality single sided standard
LOC Braille AND Dynamic Braille Scaling (DBS). In addition to
producing LOC Braille, DBS will allow you to produce Braille in
other formats including Jumbo, Petite, CA sign, and Marburg.
- One embossing head produces
Resolution Graphics at 25 DPI
The Phoenix comes with a
limited factory warranty* of one-year or 75,000 pages, USB cable, line
cord, Quick Setup Guide, CD-ROM with user manual, printer driver,
Firebird Software Suite, User Interface Application, toll-free customer
support and/or email support. Annual Service Maintenance Agreements
(SMA) for the Phoenix are also available for purchase.
warranty is for one-year or 75,000 pages, whichever comes first. Limited
warranty covers parts, labor and round trip shipping, caused by
manufacturers defects. Limited warranty does not cover defects from
- Printing Speed Text Side: Single Sided up to 50
characters per second.
- Printing Speed High Resolution Graphics Side: Up to two
pages per minute.
- Line Width: 45 characters (maximum)
- Paper Width: Adjustable 1.5 inches to 12 inches (3.8 to
- Page Length: Selectable 3 inches to 14 inches (7.6 to
- Paper: Continuous tractor feed paper.
- Paper Weight: 100-pound traditional Braille paper
- Has 9 hammers (solenoids) per
side, producing graphic or text Braille more efficiently.
- Physical Description:
- Width: 19.75 inches (50.17 cm).
- Depth: 11.75 inches (29.85 cm).
- Height: 9.5 inches (24.13 cm.)
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.53 kg).
- Case Style: Desktop.
- Temperature: Operating or Storage: 35 F to 100 F (2 C to
- Humidity: Operating or Storage: 10% to 95%
- Line Voltage: Universal, 105 to 260 VAC.
- Interface: USB, Ethernet Network.
- Windows Operating Systems from Windows XP through
Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8.
Requirements (not included):
- Computer with Windows XP or higher operating system.
- Braille Paper.
- Braille translation software (with updated embosser
support for Phoenix, check with your Braille translation
software manufacturer for additional update information).
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American
Express, checks and approved Purchase Orders
Call 800-580-6086 or Buy Online
If you need assistance please call NanoPac, Inc.
Content and design copyright by NanoPac, Inc. 1998 - 2015
NanoPac, Inc. 4823 S. Sheridan Rd. Suite 302, Tulsa, OK 74145