Reading made easy everywhere
The ClassMate Reader - new portable and affordable digital audio book player helps
students increase their reading speed, comprehension and vocabulary, wherever
The ClassMate reads aloud and simultaneously displays and
highlights text on its full color screen. Its simple, flexible interface can be
configured to the userís specific needs.
The ClassMate also includes helpful study tools to enhance learning such as
bookmarks, recording, highlighting function and a speaking dictionary.
built-in text-to-speech, works with e-text or NIMAS files.
Unlike other reading and learning applications that require a computer, the
ClassMate is a completely portable stand-alone solution. Students can download
and store their curriculum directly on an SD card for easy access anytime,
The ClassMate can be set to match the user's pace preferences. Its full-colour
screen can be configured to change font type, text size, colour, line spacing,
etc. The user can adjust text scrolling speed and move text to view above or
below the passage read.
Using your fingertip or the stylus, you can interact with the text on the
touch screen and its simple, user-friendly interface. Simply touch the screen to
underline a text passage, insert a bookmark or a note in the text or even
consult the integrated dictionary.
A Multimodal Approach
The ClassMate uses a proven multisensory multimodal approach, which consists
of stimulating both sight and hearing by the simultaneous use of text and audio.
A number of studies have shown that multimodal approaches improve understanding.
"Students who had access to the digital audio textbook had a 38.1 percent
increase in their pre- to post-test scores than their peers in the control group
Source: John Hopkins
Study Tools to Enhance Learning
The ClassMate also provides essential functions to enhance learning. By
simply touching the screen, students can highlight the text to focus on specific
passages, or insert bookmarks to instantly return to important sections or
pages. They can also take text or voice notes to complement their comprehension
of the text. With the integrated dictionary, students can immediately look up a
word's spelling, pronunciation and meaning.
- Synchronized text and audio
- Study tools to assist in the learning process:
- Highlighting: helps focus on important passages
- Bookmarks: helps find specific pages or sections in a snap
- Text or Voice Notes: allows to take personal notes within the text to
- Speaking Dictionary: instant access to more than 25,000 words. Provides
spelling, pronunciation and meaning.
- Create personalized tests in text format to accommodate students during
- Built-in text-to-speech (TTS) using the new Nuance Vocalizer
- Easily copy text files on NIMAS text book
- Touch screen for interaction with text
- Plays DAISY 2.x, DAISY NISO, MP3, NIMAS, Txt, HTML, XML
- Voice recording capability via built-in microphone
- Playback through stereo headphones or built-in speaker
- Connectable to external thumb drives-USB drives
- USB 2.0 port to connect to PC as Windows USB drive
- Weight: (10.7 oz), dimensions: (3.54" x 6.1" x 0.98")
- Replaceable rechargeable battery (7 hours playtime)
- Built-in battery charger - can be played while recharging
- Built-in stand - for hands-free listening
- Interactive screen (2" X 3"), landscape view, full color display
- Dedicated buttons for key functions - i.e., record, study tools, go to
- Dedicated volume and speed toggle button with increase and decrease
- Quiet keypad with simple four-arrow navigation
- Home button - main menu: opening books/files, delete, timer, visual and
audio settings, Information
- Dictionary button - syllable, spelling, definition, contextual reference
- Record button - instant record
- Study Tools button - Highlighting, text notes, bookmarks, navigation of
- Go to button - go to page, go to heading, find text
- Play/Pause button
- External speaker
- Stereo headphones
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American
Express, checks and approved Purchase Orders
Call 800-580-6086 or Buy Online
If you need assistance please call NanoPac, Inc.
Content and design copyright by NanoPac, Inc. 1998 - 2008
NanoPac, Inc. 4823 S. Sheridan Rd. Suite 302, Tulsa, OK 74145